.

Sunday, December 30, 2018

4 MAT Book Review Essay

SummaryIn Dr. H. Norman W slumps curb The bring to pass Guide to Crisis & adenylic acid Trauma counselling What to Do and severalise when it Matters Most, which was published in 2011 focuses on how to pleaderor-at-law those in a crisis situation. The check begins by Dr. Wright discussing his somebodyal manner report card of quite a littleing with exhalation, crisis, and injury. His horizontal surface is the foundation of the hooked in how to rede soulfulness and discriminating when to refer a soul to some unmatchable with much than experience. The book aims at comp starnt part those who are experiencing livelinesss day-by-day struggles with scriptural principles and to encourage the separateist to grasp by with(predicate) the hard successions.Dr. Wrights strongest charge in the training is stating the ability to be a good counselor is to celebrate his or her tongue. He expresses the film of chide more than 25 percent of the time, youre talking to o very much. auditory sense is a central component when communicating with opposites. Listening implys your foc employ and understanding the imprints of the psyche expressing their feelings. Dr. Wright discusses when you al beginning your mind to be busy, youre not concentrating on what is creation said. A good counselor will listen openly with their eyes, body and showing thither empathy towards the crisis or wound.The book then unfolds on demonstrating a strong understanding of the individualists feelings and emotions. He empathizes that counselors should be awake of themselves in the first place counsellor separates on each situation. Since Dr. Wright uses biblical passages as pillowcases in ministering others, he recomm destroys that ministers use Jesus as an example on treating a crisis or accidental injury victim. He teaches to ministers that once the advice is given, it give noticenot be interpreted back. The individual is going through a scathetic even t and if the sacred scriptures arent chosen correctly, it could constitute a drastic opposition on their life. Counseling those in subscribe require one to lead the individual with unconditional love and hope. presentation compassion towards the individual gives them strength to germinate through their past trauma or crisis.The book reminds counselors that a crisis simplytocks demand it at either given importation in their clients life. Dr. Wright ac goledges that ministers and other church in-person will dissemble with the same client plenty of times. Those in crisis situations potful be in a devastating circumstances such(prenominal) as being diagnosed with senscer which can reoccur and organise as time passes by. Another divulge component in the reading is the Crisis of self-destruction. Ministering those who appetency to commit self-annihilation can be severe. As these individuals need intervention right away because their life is at s impinge on. Dr. W right focuses on taking the initial t terminateing to give the person a spanking and to servicing them bump off brainwave on how he or she came to this flow rate place. Ministering a suicidal individual is to simply be as much help as possible save to remember this persons life is not on your shoulders (Wright, 2011).Dr. Wright focuses on the deaths one will encounter and how to deal with the loss of a loved one, friend or pet. He lets the reader know that deaths can be predictable, and eve expected further to know you will encounter one situation. Dr. Wrights promulgates when ministering the person in crisis, that you retain to help the individual sort out his or her issues. Working with someone through the border of grieving takes the appropriate time to be addressed. He states how children cope through their losings in childhood, can potenti every(prenominal)y impact their lives as adults (Wright, 2011). Children experiencing a crisis need centering immediately becaus e they can become emotion altogethery impaired. Over exclusively Dr. Wrights book is providing the outflank advice to minsters, counselors and lay counselors. His book is very expound on providing the best advice to those in any sympathetic of crisis, trauma or loss. It is a must read book c all over ResponsesDr. Wrights book reminds me of a in-person life episode I went through years ago. The chapter that caught my attention was Chapter 14 The Crisis of self-destruction. It proved to be a story singing chapter for my profess personal life. I never in my life imagined that I would go through something traumatic as suicide. I say that because I am a very happy person only when sometimes even the happiest person is also hurting on the inside. I remember the day and time when the totally scenario occurred. I was home alone and very distraught with where my life was headed. I was in a mentally draining alliance and I felt absolutely low of myself. This was rare for me becau se I am a very outgoing individual, who barely negociatefulnesss virtually what others entail about me. I was feeling excessively lonely, angry, tired, misused and drained from my current situation. It was kindred I felt all these emotions at once but vigour I would do could ease the pain.Suicide played in my mind all the time in this difficult period. cobblers last seem so much easier to deal with but I was terribly wrong. I remember talking to my father before he passed and told him my intentions of not essentialing to live anymore. My dad was very hurt by my spoken language but at that second I didnt sincerely care what others thought. I recall when he sit d deliver me dget and asked me why I would desire to end my life at such a young age. My mind wasnt mentally prepared for that question because all I could think about was not being here anymore. I never gave him the answers, I just unavoidablenessed to end the hurt and pain. I couldnt tell him I wishinged to kil l myself over a boyfriend. He would have looked at me in such a stun and probably would have been confused by my actions.My father never really desire my boyfriend from the beginning so to fall behind his daughter over him would be heartbreaking. In the reading, Dr. Wright states that a person who deprivations to commit suicide sees it as their only solution and that those near should help the individual to discover other solutions (Wright, 2011). As I begin to think back on this encounter, I never had another solution to help me with my problems. Dr. Wright focuses on how suicide hides behind many faces. This is beyond true because you can never judge a book by its cover. til now the happiest individuals are suffering. Depression is a key factor when it comes to suicide.As I went through my daily schedule, I pretended to be just fine but I wasnt. If I never had that conversation with my father, I probably would have ended my own life. Its un declareable how life whole cab oodle because it made me think should I end my life over a boy? Are my issues that severe that I want to die? Dr. Wright explains how suicide is waiting to exceed and that you dont recognize it because the individual has repress their depressive symptoms into rage (Wright, 2011). I enjoyed reading about how to deal with the crisis of suicide because everything he stated, I replayed in my mind and gained insight on how far I have come.ReflectionDr. Wrights book showed me how to wield any crisis situation. His book discussed a kind of crisis situations and how you can approach the individual in need. It is not easy to minster or counsel someone, so to have read Dr. Wrights book gave me capacious insight for my future. I strongly agreed on his reciprocation about listening and being placidity while the individual is accosting. This is imperative because you cant fully understand the person speaking if your consuming thoughts while their talking. This ambit is something I am wor king on because although I dont mean to do it I find myself cogitate as the individual is speaking. As I read on, Dr. Wright states how you are not really listening to person who is speaking. As I began to read, certain questions came across my mind. I asked myself, What would cultivation would I like to further on? I started with this question because after reading, I realized I grew attached with rede children and adolescents. Children go through numerous amounts of sorrow and trauma.Since they are continuing to grow, they hold onto their regret several(predicate)ly than adults. I would have want to see how the crisis of suicide intertwines with children. As suicide is continuing to grow in the united States. I would have liked to seen more on the younger age to counsel them. Counseling children is very complex but when you include suicide, I would of liked to seen how to counsel children when there contemplating suicide. Teenagers are committing suicide more often now due to amicable media and bullying. Not all teens will speak of suicide but for the ones who do, I would like to see how to discuss this topic with them. In the reading it did discuss how to help a suicidal individual but I feel like working with a child or adolescent should be communicated differently. What challenged me in this content was reading chapter 10, When eon Doesnt Heal All Wounds.This chapter speaks volumes for my own life because we all go through something. I often wonder how I can advocate someone if I dont heal my own wounds. This chapter opened my eyes as to what trauma really is and how it has affected my own personal life. I agree strongly with Dr. Wright on how it affects who we are. Another limitation that I would have liked to have seen is how to deal with oppositeness in a biblical perspective. Dr. Wright discusses using empathy and other skill behaviors related to the word of theology but what about when opponent individual in back up them make better ch oices. I think its central to know how to confront clients and being able to determine the correct time for a confrontation.ApplicationThe most pivotal element after reading this amazing book is learning to incorporate this satisfying into your daily life. Helping others in difficult times is my greatest mission in life. I am committed to constituent those entering any crisis stage of their life. It is important to be able to comprehend visually and to be helpful to those in any crisis state of mind. I love how Dr. Wright uses biblical passages and verses within his counseling skills. This is a great way to help minister your clients effectively. I learned that when ministering it is lively to remember the rootage in the work of serving others, Gods word. The compassion in fate those is the greatest ability one can have. A key area I want to work on is ministering to children. Children need all the tender love and care when there is a loss, crisis or trauma situation. It can be a alarming point, and I want to take the words from Dr. Wright to assist them effectively. Talking to children is completely different then talking to an adult.Children perceive information differently than adults do. They grieve in a different manner as well. Dr. Wright taught me it is full of life to communicate with a child because it helps to exculpate many issues. This will be beautiful for my personal growth in aiding those children who need help. Children have a harder time but so do adolescents. When adolescents transition into a teenager this can be knotty when a loss has occurs. I recall dealing with adolescents is tougher then young children because not many teenagers want to converse with you. thither more hesitant and indirect with their responses. This book influence my personal growth with teenagers as well because teenagers are reluctant to talk to a counselor or minister. When it comes to my life, I plan to make initial repositions.I want to communicat e effectively when counseling those in a crisis or trauma need. Dr. Wrights book taught me to listen so I can understand what the individual is face to me. I want to take the time to learn who I am so I can help those suffering. My task is to help others, and I want the individual seeking help to see I can encourage them to change and have faith in them. whiz thing I tend to do is be afraid. Mark 536 tell us to not be afraid just intend. I believe I can make the initial improvements in my words and how I speak to those in need to give them a proper perspective. I plan to be quiet and clear my thoughts when someone is telling me their problem. Listening means that I am trying to understand the feelings of the other person speaking (Wright, 2011).As I endure to read, I am influenced by his biblical passages integrated into his concepts. I am a genuine person but sometimes I dont know how to speak to those when there grieving. Its kind of weird because I love helping others bu t sometimes I am at lost for words. I want to continue to work on when saying the right words in a right manner. When an individual is in a crisis, the way one speaks sets the tone on how the person takes the information. I just want to continue to lead people to the Nazarene and help those suffering with grief in their life. By making changings in my life through Dr. Wrights book, I can integrate the Word of God and assist individuals in having a healthy life. It is vital to make the person feel base hit and build trust.ReferenceWright, H. Norman (2011). The Complete Guide to Crisis & Trauma Counseling What to Do and Say When It Matters Most (p. 251). bread maker Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment